The basic economic organisation in the Lunar Empire is the Guild. A guild has been given the right by the Emperor or his representatives to practice, police and protect their interests. Most of these are know as Low Guilds and have been given the right to do this within one of the Lunar Provinces.
These are the great guilds of the Lunar Empire. Each holds a monopoly over an area of commerce within the borders of the empire. Generally any magic done within these areas for money must be done as part of the guild. In some places or cities, certain magics are seen as the domain of a guild, whether money is involved or not.
- The guild of Transport and High Travel.
- The guild of Healers, births and life extension.
- The guild of Augers, Astrologers and Soothsayers.
- The guild of Masons and Architects.
- The guild of Companions
- The guild of Leather worker.
- The guild of Metalworkers.
- The guild of Roads, Drains and Sewers.
- The guild of Grain and Granaries.
There is rumored to be a High Guild of Spys and Assassins.
- The guild of Spys and Assassins.
They may hold their monopoly as long as they do not trade nor work outside of the Empire.