- Natural Habitat
- Very Rare
- 1-3 (1)
- Storm giants are huge humanoids about 20 feet tall. Storm Giants are 3-hex figures.
- Largest of the Giant races. They are often seen as the wisest of the Giants (not hard). True to their name, storm giants enjoy turbulent weather, and there will frequently be a thunderstorm about their mountainous home.
- Storm giants can control the weather, bringing rain, wind, thunderstorms, and even a fair sky. Depending on the difference between the weather they are trying to create and the current weather, it will be from one to three hours until the effects of their control become evident. Note that storm giants are not particularly affiliated with any of the elements. There is a 50% chance that a storm giant will be a member of a College. If they are an Adept, a storm giant will typically have rank 3-7 with General Knowledge spells, and Rank 2-5 with those Special Knowledge spells that they know. Storm giants' magic resistance is increased by 10%.
- Movement Rates
- Running: 700-750
- Storm giants prefer edged weapons, particularly axes. They may use human-type weapons of twice normal size (improve Base Chance by 10%, double strength requirement, roll 2D10 for damage). They will have Rank 4 or better with their favourite weapon. Storm giants prefer chain mail, but will wear any sort of armour.
- Giant Axe: BC 65%, [D + 10], Melee, Rank 4+.
- Large Battle Axe: BC 70%, [2D + 4], Melee, Rank 4+.
- Within the Lunar Empire they are held in high esteem becuase they helped the first emperor defeat the Senate during the Republican Wars.