- Natural Habitat
- Caverns, Crypts, Ruins
- Very rare
- Spectres are undead beings half of this world and half of another plane. They enter this world most fully at night and may disappear entirely during the day. If exposed to direct sunlight, they permanently dissipate. Spectres are humanoid in shape, but tend to show an easily discernible blue glow when viewed in the shadowed areas they prefer.
- The characteristics and power of spectres varies in direct proportion to their substantiality. The same spectre that has a PS of 3 at noon would have a PS of 25-30 at midnight. A spectre cannot physically harm a character while insubstantial. They can perform magic. Except for the few hours when the sun is highest, the spectre may choose whether to be insubstantial. It takes a spectre 1 minute to change between these forms. Spectres can only be harmed by exposure to direct sunlight or by magic. Magic does not affect spectres while incorporeal.
- Spectres may possess the entire gamut of human talents and skills. They are also Dark Celestials. Their touch is ice cold and any character coming in contact with a spectre will be drained. A character who dies by being drained by a spectre becomes a half-strength spectre.
- Movement Rates
- Running: 300
- Spectres have no natural weapons other than their touch. They never use weapons. Draining damage is never absorbed by armour.
- Drain: [D + 3] Endurance.