The rules we use are evolved from DragonQuest version 2 originally published by SPI in the early 80's. As well as changes to the Rules proper, much campaign information has been added.
This document contains the rules that we use. New editions are printed in bulk every couple of years or so.
These are the current versions of the rules
Changes and Errata
These are errata, clarifications and rule change to the rulebook as printed September 2014. The updates are included in the rulebook pdfs above.
This document as at October 1st 2014.
Please enter any errors and issues at Noticed Rulebook Issues.
Opposed Combat and Related Discussions
An Opposed Rolling combat system was endorsed for further development and play testing at a Gods meeting on 9th November 2014 (9-2-0).
This section has been added to record opportunities, issues and the desired balance within the game, together with the outcomes of discussions thereon.
- Opposed Rolling as Voted
- Archetypes desired within the Game
- Armour vs Damage
- Types of Protection
- Colleges and magic, the balance
- Damage spells
It would be good if discussion groups could form to address the above, and in particular:
- Objectives of the discussion
- Desired Experience within the game
- Issues and good bits
- What to improve
- Options analysis
- Preferred options and risks thereof
Be nice if discussions could happen rapidly over next two or three months so ideas can go into playtest in March 2015, with draft outcomes by June 2015.
- Proposed Rule Changes - These are proposed changes that have not been approved.
- Rules Discussion Documents
- Earlier Rulebook Editions
- Rulebook Orders Request printed copies of the Rulebook at September 2014 meeting.
Skills & Issues
- 30 - Alchemist - Version 3.0 A - Printable PDF
- 33 - Assassin - Version 3.1.2 - Printable PDF
- 35 - Beastmaster Printable PDF
- 36 - Courtier - Version 3.1.2 - Printable PDF
- 37 - Healer - Version 3.1.4 - Printable PDF
- 45 - Ranger - Version 3.1.3 - Printable PDF
- 46 - Spy - Version 3.0 A - Printable PDF
- 47 - Thief - Version 3.0 A - Printable PDF
- 48 - Troubadour - Version 3.0 A - Printable PDF
- Below is a Google sheet, which takes in two sets of information (by way of Google forms) and processes the info and processes it and then emails a resulting item write-up to the person. The Alchemist Product request will result in a PDF write-up in this style.
- 30 - Alchemist - Version 3.0 A
- View the Alchemist sheet
- Google Forms Alchemist - Enter an Alchemist details
- Google Forms Alchemist - Enter a Alchemist Product request
Some PDF booklets and Guides that may be of help:
- DQ Players Guide 2016 June PDF
- DQ Players Guide 2010 PDF
- DQ Carzala Source Book This booklet is intended for both GMs and Players in DQ.
- DQ Alusian Maps and Charts DQ Alusian Maps and Charts] Booklet - 29MB PDF.
Other campaign information:
- Campaign Guidelines
- DQ Carzala Source Book Carzala Source Document] A document on Carzala aimed at being printed for use at runtime by both players and GMs alike.
- Masterworks Master works of rank 8+
- DQ Official GM Guide 2005 (PDF 4.5Mb)
- Player's Guide - currently a list of issues that have been raised in relation to the Player's Guide. New Player's Guide should be available December 2005
- Castellan Borderers - Offical Warrior & arms training for guild members.
- Proposed Campaign changes
- Factions - A proposed structure for documenting how characters have influenced people and groups on Alusia. This is a work in progress please contribute your thoughts and ideas to the process.
- Reaction Tables - a proposed method to suggest possible reactions of NPCs to PCs. Not meant for important situations, where the NPC reactions should be pre-determined. The Tables may also guide PCs as to how to improve the likely reactions to their endeavours.