- Natural Habitat
- Caverns, Highlands, Waste
- 1-6 (1)
- Manticores have the body of a lion, bat-like wings, and the head of a human, although larger to fit their bodies. At the tip of their tail they have up to 12 spikes, which they can launch as weapons. The spikes regenerate in about a day.
- Manticores like to hunt, and their favourite prey is man. They will lie in wait for a party, and then send their spikes whirling into it. If the Manticore’s lair is found, there is a chance that it will have dragged bodies with treasure on them into its cave.
- Manticores have no magical properties, and no special abilities other than the ability to launch their tail spikes.
- Movement Rates
- Flying: 500; Running: 350
|WP:||12-18||PC:||12-18||PB:||3-6||TMR:||10/7||NA:||Fur absorbs 8 DP|
- Manticores may claw twice, and prefer do so in Close. At range, they may launch up to 6 tail spikes without penalty, as long as the targets are within 6 feet of each other. They have at most 12 spikes.
- Claw: BC 60%, [D + 5], Melee & Close, Rank 0.
- Spike: BC 60%, [D + 4], Ranged, Rank 0.