- Natural Habitat
- Caverns, Highlands, Rural
- Rare 1-10 (5)
- Kobolds are small, elderly-appearing dwarvish types who wear hoods of bright colours. They are about 2 1/2 feet tall, and have highly gnarled faces.
- A kobold in the house is a blessing, for they will perform all sorts of menial or semi-skilled tasks with great willingness and ability, where such is possible. They will work for only shelter and food. While travelling, they will most likely run away if they see a party at a distance, but there is a chance that they will be willing to trade information and befriend a character. In general, kobolds get along with men better even than the dwarves. Kobolds are one of the few earth dwellers that will tolerate faerie, and will actively co-operate with brownies to look after a household. Kobolds will almost never have treasure, although if they do it will usually be something of value only to them.
- Kobolds are very useful around the house or farm, for they will perform many tasks relating to maintenance of property or animals. They have no special magical powers, and they are not as good at working with stone and at detecting unusual constructions as the dwarves. They can see in the dark.
- Movement Rates
- Running: 100
- Kobolds carry daggers and hammers. They do not wear armour.
- Hammer: BC 30%, [D – 2], Melee & Close, Rank 0.