- Natural Habitat
- Very Rare
- 1-12 (2)
- Hippogriffs are similar to pegasi in that they are basically winged horses, but their head is that of some great bird of prey, with a fearsome beak. The head differs from that of an eagle in that it has large feathered ears, almost like wings, at the back of the head. The front legs of the hippogriff also resemble those of a bird of prey, with huge talons and feathers.
- Hippogriffs do not like people, and generally shun any area that is inhabited. They are trainable with difficulty. Their value is 3,000-4,000 Silver Pennies untrained and 3 times that price trained. Hippogriff eggs are valuable (circa 800 Silver Pennies each) and very young hippogriffs are even more so (1400-2000 Silver Pennies).
- Hippogriffs have no magical or other extra-ordinary abilities, talents or skills, and are not tool users.
- Movement Rates
- Running: 200; Flying: 400
|WP:||12-17||PC:||17-20||PB:||8-11||TMR:||4/8||NA:||Hide absorbs 4 DP|
- Hippogriffs can use their beak and two talons without penalty. They may use their beak in Close at -30%.
- Beak: 65%, [D + 4], Melee & Close, Rank 0.
- Talons: 55%, [D + 2], Melee & Close, Rank 0.