- Natural Habitat
- Highlands, Jungle (lairs in Caverns)
- Very rare
- 1-3 (1)
- Gorgons are physically humanoid, but boast a headful of writhing green snakes of a venomous nature. They also have hypnotic, burning red eyes. Gorgons like to appear as comely maidens and often wear the attire of human females. They have large brazen claws and hog-like teeth. They specialise in enticing males who they then turn to stone.
- The gorgon's eyes only become clearly visible at a range of 100 feet and she cannot turn a character to stone beyond that range. The attempt to turn a character to stone is automatic whenever a character faces the gorgon's front and requires no action
- Gorgons possess no special skills or magic as a rule, but may learn human skills and magic. They have the special talent of turning those that look directly into their eyes to stone. Any character facing a gorgon must roll 4 × Willpower each pulse that they face the beast or they succumb to her blandishments, look into her eyes and are turned to stone.
- Movement Rates
- Running: 250
- A gorgon may claw, bite and attack with her hair without penalty. Poison occurs after effective damage by her hair. In addition, a gorgon may gaze attack at any time.
- Claw: BC 50%, [D + 4], Melee & Close, Rank 1-5.
- Bite: BC 30%, [D], Close, Rank 0.
- Hair: BC 30%, [D – 3] armour penetration only, Close, Rank 0.
- Poison: 2 DP per pulse.
- Gaze: BC auto, [petrify], Ranged, Melee & Close, Rank 0.