- Natural Habitat
- Jungle, Plains
- 1-50 (20)
- Elephants are 10 to 14 feet high at the shoulder and weigh between 4 and 8 tons (with "Indian" elephants being much smaller on the average than "African" elephants). They tend to be grey in colour, but may appear brown, yellow or red, depending upon what type of mud they have been wallowing in. Elephants are four-hex monsters.
- Elephants will usually shy away from humanoids unless provoked (70% chance that provocation short of attack will be ignored). If one elephant is attacked, all nearby elephants will come to their assistance, especially if the elephant is a cow or calf. Elephant tusks are valuable (500-800 Silver Pennies per tusk weighing around 100 pounds). Calves will sell for 1000 Silver Pennies and adult bulls will sell for three times that if unharmed. Adult females may fetch 1500 Silver Pennies if still in their breeding years.
- Elephants have no talents or skills and are not magic or tool users. They are dextrous with their trunks and can often use them to lift large burdens, shake trees, crush or throw objects (like people) without much accuracy. They have a highly developed sense of smell and poor eyesight.
- Movement Rates
- Running: 450
|WP:||10-14||PC:||10-12||PB:||6-8||TMR:||9||NA:||Hide absorbs 5 DP|
- An elephant may use its tusks and trunk, or may trample (four attacks). From a distance, it may charge with its tusks.
- Charge: BC 60%, [D + 8], Melee, Rank 0.
- Tusks: BC 15%, [D + 2], Melee & Close, Rank 0.
- Trunk: BC 80%, [D – 2], Melee, Rank 0.
- Trample: BC 50%, [D + 6], Close, Rank 0.